About Me: Arwen Hann – freelance writer and blogger
I specialise in helping small and medium size businesses promote their brand and tell their story but I can turn my hand to most topics as required. I also write about parenting and early childhood and travel but I can research and write on most topics as required.
I have written for a variety of websites including travel site My Destination New Zealand and parenting site What to Expect. I also act as the communications manager for a New Zealand based website specialising in early childhood education.
My services include:
- professional copywriting to help you create a new website for your business including About Pages and pages describing your products and services
- regular or one-off high-quality blog posts to help boost your company’s brand and build your reputation as an expert in your field
- content for your company newsletters
- press releases to promote your company or a new product or service
- content for print publications including brochures and reports.
Prior to turning freelance, I worked as a print journalist and I have six years experience working on weekly newspapers in the United Kingdom and a national daily newspaper in New Zealand. During this time, I wrote features and columns as well as news articles. I specialised in education and early childhood, but also covered health, crime and the environment.
I have a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and English Literature from the University of Kent in England.
I live on the Kapiti Coast, a beautiful place on New Zealand’s North Island, with my husband and our eight-year-old son. When I am not writing I love reading, sewing and exploring New Zealand’s great outdoors.